Do you know a family who has been financially impacted by COVID-19? Use the form on this page to nominate them to receive assistance with their housing expenses this holiday season. 1KForKC will make rent or mortgage payments up to $1k each month for 3 months, for a total of $3,000. Understand that nominating a family does not guarantee their selection to receive assistance. You can help us impact as many families as possible by sharing 1KforKC with your family and friends and donating what you can to the cause.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants must live in Jackson, Johnson (KS), Cass, Wyandotte or Clay counties
- Proof of residency; copy of lease or utility
- Applicants may only submit an application one time by October 1, 2020
- Applicants may only receive an award one time per house-hold
- Statement of Hardship and Need *required for all applications
- Proof of Current Photo I.D. for Applicant *required for all applications
- Copy of Lease must include lessee’s name on the lease, and show base rent amount
- Applicants are not actively in eviction or foreclosure status, having been served or eviction posted
By completing this nomination form this does not make any guarantees you, this person or this family will be selected. The person or families selected will be contacted by phone no later than October 10, 2020. If we are unable to reach the selected person/family by phone, every attempt will be made to reach the person/family selected by email.
If you do not receive an email or phone call by October 15, 2020, we apologize we were unable to serve all those that were nominated.